Installing new doors at your home will have a dramatic impact on your home’s appearance and performance. To ensure that your new doors continue to perform well and look their best follow these simple guidelines.
Request a service
uPVC door maintenance
- Never clean uPVC doors with an abrasive material. It can scratch the surface and remove the door’s shine.
- uPVC doors are very low maintenance. With only the occasional wipe down with a damp cloth they will stay looking like new for many years.
Timber door maintenance
- Always clean timber doors with warm water and leave to dry naturally.
- Apply an annual coat of microporous sealant to protect from the elements. Always ensure that the surface is clean and free from dust and debris before application.
Composite door maintenance
- Composite doors are extremely low maintenance. With only the occasional wipe down with a cloth and soapy warm water, they’ll stay looking and performing like new for many years to come.
Bi-fold door maintenance
- To maintain your bi-fold door’s expansive views the glass should be kept as clean as possible. Warm soapy water is effective but use a high quality cloth to get a streak free finish.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to remove any debris from the tracks to ensure a smooth operation.
- Clean the frames with warm soapy water as cleaning products may damage the powder coat finish.
To ensure that your doors continue to perform at optimum levels, lubricate any moving parts on a yearly basis with a silicone based product or WD40.
If you require any professional help to maintain your new doors, contact FineLine. Fill in one of our service request forms and we’ll provide you with a free no obligation quote.